l

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Panic Attacks-Exercise Should Be a Big Part of Your Treatment Plan.

If you suffer from Panic Attacks,I won't have to tell you how uncomfortable the symptoms can be!On my Anxiety and Panic Attacks Blog I talk about many important panic and anxiety related topics,and this one is no exception.It is something I believe in so much that this is my second post about it.(and most likely not my last.)The topic I will discuss today is Panic Attacks and why Exercise Should Be a Big Part of Your Treatment Plan.

Most of the symptoms of Panic Attacks are the result of a number of biological changes that occur during times of anxiety and stress.One such change includes the release of excessive amounts of adrenaline.(there are of course others as well),it is important to be able to reduce the amount of adrenaline in order to reduce at least some of the symptoms of panic attacks.)

This in my opinion this means that one of the first things that should be considered is an exercise routine of some kind.(of course the very first thing that anyone suffering from any kind of condition should do is visit their doctor to rule out physical causes for their symptoms.)After the doctor has given a full exam and everything is OK you should try to find an activity that you enjoy.This is very important because it will determine whether or not you will be able to stick with the activity or give up because its either too difficult or boring.

The activity you choose can be anything as long as it gets you moving and your heart rate up.If you have a hard time choosing an activity,ask friends and family,search online or just take a bit of time to notice what others in your area are doing.Walking is a very popular exercise that can be done by anyone of any fitness level.Best of all its free.It really doesn't matter what you choose just choose something and get started as soon as possible.

Only 30-60 minutes of moderate exercise,a couple of times per week will help to greatly reduce panic attack symptoms in most cases.Of course exercise is only one part of the bigger picture and since the lasting benefits of exercise might not be experienced as quickly as most of us would like,there are also other life style changes like eating healthier and using Anxiety/stress reduction techniques that can be done to help reduce panic attack symptoms.

I have inserted a link above to an older post that talks a bit about some of the more popular Anxiety/Stress reduction techniques that will help to reduce or eliminate Panic Attacks.If there is enough interest in the subject I will also be writing a more detailed post about some of the more common Anxiety/Panic and Stress reduction techniques that are available.Just let me know what you are interested in and I will do my best to address it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I’m a new blogger and my site's address is overcominganxietydisorder.com

    Your site is very related to mine. I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange. Please let me know if you’re interested.

    email: glgreenlake AT gmail DOT com

    Thanks.

    Victor.

    ReplyDelete