l

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Exercise Can Help You Cure Your Anxiety and Panic Attacks.Without Any Medication

I would like to talk today about something that I have been trying out for the past two months that has made me much more confident that I can Cure my Anxiety and Panic Attacks Without Any medication.

About two months ago I decided that even though my Panic Attacks were quite bad and i had a lot of Anxiety,and my doctor was insisting that it would be extremely diffcult for me to cure my anxiety and panic attacks without any medication.

 I thought that in my case there has to be a better way of overcoming this than to just mindlessly pop a pill everyday,so I started out on what i'm sure will be a very long road to recovery,with an Exercise Routine.I call it a routine only because I do it every single day.For now,until I am in better physical condiition my Exercises only consists of a 30-60 minute walk every morning and biking,throughout the day.I will of course add other activities to my routine as I become more comfortable with the exercises I am doing now.

If you plan to start an exercise routine its always a good idea to talk it over with your doctor to make sure you are fit enough to do the activities that you are planning to do.Once you have cleared it with your doctor,it is also a good idea to give some serious thought as to the type of activities you are interested in and what you can physically handle.If the exercise(s) that you choose are to hard or not something that you are interested in,its most likely not going to be something that you will stick with in the long term.

I choose walking because it is something that I knew I could handle and also something I could do at home(on a treadmill) if I didn't feel up to going outside for a walk.In my case I choose not to use my treadmill much,because the fact that I am going outside to walk is not only part of my physical Exercise,it is also part of my Mental Exercise as well,since I suffer from an extreme form of Anxiety Disorder called Agoraphobia.Which for now is limiting the distance that I can travel away from home,either by car or walking.The fact that I force myself to go out every morning and push myself to walk further each time has really help with my Anxiety throughout the day which has also help to eliminate alot(but not all)of the Panic Attacks I was having.

Having a condition like Agoraphobia makes it extremely difficult to normal  everyday activities,and Exercise is no exception,but I'm sure if I take it slow and build up my confidence,eventually I will learn to take control over my Panic and Anxiety.

I'm sure there are some of you who are very scepticle (like I was) about the fact that exercise can help to Cure Anxiety And Panic Attacks Without Any Medication,and I am not saying that exercise alone will cure anything,but daily exercise along with other lifestyle changes is a hugh step in the right direction.

If anyone has a comment or suggestion about this post or any others feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment